-- Select a Publix main dish Ready-to-Cook entree
-- Prepare one or more of the side dishes below following the individual recipe instructions.
Sweet Pea Salad
1 (16-ounce) package frozen green peas
1/4 cup fresh pre-diced red onions
1/4 cup creamy salad dressing (blue cheese, ranch, or Caesar)
2 tablespoons cooked bacon pieces
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Rinse peas in colander under cool running water for 1-2 minutes to thaw.
2. Place all ingredients in medium bowl; stir until blended. Serve.
Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
1 (24-ounce) package refrigerated mashed potatoes
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon wasabi horseradish sauce
1/4 teaspoon white pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 3-4 minutes, stirring once, or until thoroughly heated.
2. Stir; then transfer to serving bowl. Serve.
Gnocchi With Pasta Sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup fresh pre-diced red onions
1 teaspoon minced garlic
4 ounces fresh pre-sliced baby portabella mushrooms (rinsed)
1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1 (16-ounce) package gnocchi pasta
1 (24-ounce) jar specialty marinara pasta sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add onions, garlic, mushrooms, and Italian seasoning; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring often, or until vegetables begin to soften.
2. Stir in gnocchi; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring often, or until gnocchi begins to turn golden. Stir in pasta sauce; bring to a boil, stirring continuously.
3. Reduce heat to simmer; cook 3 more minutes, stirring often, for flavors to blend. Transfer pasta and sauce to serving bowl; sprinkle with cheese and serve.
You will find a variety of main dish selections in the Pubix Meat department. We do the work; you choose one and you're ready to go.