12 sweet apple slices, halved
1 large red bell pepper
12 oz flavored chicken sausage links
12 (6-inch) wooden skewers
2/3 cup apple juice
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Preheat grill.
- Cut apple slices in half; cut pepper into 1-inch chunks (12 pieces).
- Cut sausage into 1-inch-long pieces (about 24 pieces).
- Thread peppers, sausage, and apples on skewers, alternating items.
- Combine remaining ingredients in saucepan on medium; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer and stir 4–5 minutes or until sauce thickens. Remove sauce from heat.
- Place skewers on grill; grill 6–8 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with sauce, until sausage is 165°F. Serve.
1 (15-oz) can black beans in sauce, smashed
1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
1 (10.5-oz) can chili with no beans (about 1 1/4 cups)
1 (10-oz) can mild tomatoes with green chiles, drained
1 cup salsa con queso dip
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place beans with sauce in 9-inch square dish; smash with potato masher until desired consistency. Spread remaining layers evenly in dish in this order: drizzle with ranch dressing, chili, tomatoes, and queso dip.
- Bake 25–30 minutes or until center is hot. Serve.