-- Bring water to boil for pasta
-- Continue prep and begin to cook pasta - 5 minutes
-- Complete recipe; serve - 15 minutes
Shrimp Scampi With Roasted Peppers and Spinach
3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 oz Deli Parmesan cheese, finely grated
8 oz linguine pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup roasted red peppers, finely chopped
12 oz peeled/deveined shrimp, thawed
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth (or stock)
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 cups baby spinach leaves (6 oz)
-- Bring water to boil for pasta.
-- Slice garlic.
-- Chop peppers.
-- Grate cheese (1/3 cup).
1. Cook and drain pasta following package instructions.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium 1-2 minutes. Place oil and garlic in pan; cook 3-4 minutes or until the garlic edges begin to turn golden.
3. Add peppers, shrimp, pepper flakes, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; cook and stir 1 minute.
4. Add broth; cook 2-3 minutes or until reduced by about one-half and shrimp have just turned pink and opaque.
5. Reduce heat to low; stir in butter, spinach, cheese, pasta, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Toss until butter and cheese melts and spinach wilts. Serve.
-- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend, crusty baguette, and cheesecake for dessert.
-- Don't forget the crusty bread for dipping in the last bit of sauce, or simply add bread dipping spices to olive oil.