Zest/juice of 1 orange
1 (12-oz) bag fresh cranberries
1 (12-oz) jar cherry preserves
1/2 cup dried cherries
-- Zest/grate orange peel (no white; 1 teaspoon); squeeze orange for juice (1/2 cup).
1. Combine all ingredients in medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low; simmer and stir 10-12 minutes or until cranberries have burst and liquid has reduced to a syrup consistency. Serve relish warm or chill until ready to serve.
Total Time: 20 minutes (Makes 12 servings.)
Baked Spinach Alfredo
2 (10-oz) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
3 slices Bakery garlic Texas toast, cubed
1 (15-oz) jar garlic Alfredo sauce
1/2 cup fresh pre-diced red onions
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place spinach in colander under cool running water to thaw; break into smallest pieces possible. Cut bread into small cubes.
2. Squeeze liquid from spinach; place in medium bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients (except bread and 2 tablespoons cheese).
3. Transfer mixture to 2-quart baking dish; top with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese and bread cubes. Bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and center is hot. Serve.
Active Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes (Makes 8 servings.)
Harvest Vegetable Streusel
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 medium sweet potatoes
2 medium baking potatoes
2 large carrots
2 large parsnips
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1 package apple crisp mix (8–9 oz)
1/2 cup golden raisins
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Cut butter into small cubes; place in small bowl to soften.
2. Peel potatoes, carrots, and parsnips; cut all into 1-inch cubes and place in medium bowl. Toss vegetables with oil, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Transfer to 13- x 9-inch baking dish; bake 10 minutes.
3. Add apple crisp mix to butter; blend with fork until crumbly. Remove vegetables from oven.
4. Stir in raisins and top with crisp mixture. Bake 8–10 more minutes or until vegetables are tender and topping is golden. Serve.
Active Time: 20 minutes Total Time: about 2 hours (Makes 12 servings.)
-- These sides are designed for serving with a nice main course such as a roasted turkey, baked ham, or beef roast.
-- The Harvest Vegetable Streusel is our update of the classic sweet potatoes and marshmallows.