Zest/juice of 1 orange
1 (12-oz) bag fresh cranberries
1 (12-oz) jar cherry preserves
1/2 cup dried cherries
-- Zest/grate orange peel (no white; 1 teaspoon); squeeze orange for juice (1/2 cup).
1. Combine all ingredients in medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low; simmer and stir 10-12 minutes or until cranberries have burst and liquid has reduced to a syrup consistency. Serve relish warm or chill until ready to serve.
Total Time: 20 minutes (Makes 12 servings.)
Baked Spinach Alfredo
2 (10-oz) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
3 slices Bakery garlic Texas toast, cubed
1 (15-oz) jar garlic Alfredo sauce
1/2 cup fresh pre-diced red onions
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place spinach in colander under cool running water to thaw; break into smallest pieces possible. Cut bread into small cubes.
2. Squeeze liquid from spinach; place in medium bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients (except bread and 2 tablespoons cheese).
3. Transfer mixture to 2-quart baking dish; top with remaining 2 tablespoons cheese and bread cubes. Bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and center is hot. Serve.
Active Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 40 minutes (Makes 8 servings.)
Harvest Vegetable Streusel
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 medium sweet potatoes
2 medium baking potatoes
2 large carrots
2 large parsnips
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
1 (9-oz) package apple crisp mix
1/2 cup golden raisins
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut butter into small cubes; place in small bowl to soften.
2. Peel potatoes, carrots, and parsnips; cut all into 1-inch cubes and place in medium bowl. Toss vegetables with oil, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. Transfer to 13- x 9-inch baking dish; bake 10 minutes.
3. Add apple crisp mix to butter; blend with fork until crumbly. Remove vegetables from oven; stir in raisins and top with crisp mixture. Bake 20-25 more minutes or until vegetables are tender and topping has browned. Serve.
Active Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 50 minutes (Makes 12 servings.)
-- These sides are designed for serving with a nice main course such as a roasted turkey, baked ham, or beef roast.
-- The Harvest Vegetable Streusel is our update of the classic sweet potatoes and marshmallows.