-- Prepare salad through step 2 - 10 minutes
-- Prepare scallops - 10 minutes
-- Complete salad and serve - 5 minutes
Scallops in Creamy Basil Sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons basil pesto
1/2 teaspoon roasted garlic
1 lb sea scallops (thawed, if needed)
1 cup Alfredo sauce
8 ounces angel hair pasta
1. Fill large saucepan 1/2 full of water. Cover and bring to a boil on high for pasta.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place olive oil, pesto, and garlic in pan. (Pan should sizzle.) Stir in scallops; cook 3-5 minutes, stirring often, or just until they turn milky white (or opaque) and firm. Be careful not to overcook.
3. Stir in Alfredo sauce. Reduce to low; simmer 2 minutes or until sauce is thoroughly heated. Remove from heat and let stand until ready to serve.
4. Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender.
5. Drain pasta thoroughly. Serve scallops and sauce over pasta.
Italian Side Salad
1/4 cup canned artichoke hearts
1/4 cup roasted red peppers
4 plum tomatoes (rinsed)
1/4 cup sliced green olives
1 bag romaine salad blend (8-10 oz)
1/2 cup seasoned croutons
1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
1. Dice artichokes and peppers into small, bite-size pieces. Quarter tomatoes lengthwise, if desired
2. Place salad blend, artichokes, peppers, tomatoes, and olives in salad bowl; chill until ready to serve.
3. Add croutons and salad dressing; toss and serve.
Prepared basil pesto makes a great seasoning. Use it in place of basil or Italian herbs.