-- Prepare steaks and begin to marinate; preheat grill (5 minutes)
-- Prepare butter and chill (10 minutes)
-- Grill steaks; prepare mushrooms and serve (15 minutes)
Savory Steaks With Blue Cheese Butter
5 garlic cloves, divided
3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 3/4 lb grilling steaks (such as strip, ribeye, or top sirloin)
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
2 oz crumbled blue cheese (3 tablespoons)
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1. Crush 3 cloves garlic, using garlic press, into medium bowl. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, pepper, and soy sauce. Place steaks in marinade, turning to coat all sides; let stand 10 minutes to marinate.
2. Crush remaining 2 cloves garlic, using garlic press, into microwave-safe bowl. Add onion powder, remaining 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt, and 1 tablespoon butter; microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until butter melts.
3. Stir butter; microwave 30-45 more seconds, stirring once, or until hot and fragrant. Let stand to cool completely (about 5 minutes). Meanwhile, coat grill rack with spray; then preheat grill.
4. Cut remaining 3 tablespoons butter into small pieces; add to garlic butter mixture with blue cheese and thyme. Mix until well blended. Chill until ready to serve. (Note: this butter also makes superb garlic bread.)
5. Place steaks on grill (discarding marinade); grill 6-7 minutes on each side or until steaks are 145°F (for medium rare). Cut steak into portions, top with the blue cheese butter and serve.
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup pre-diced red onions
4 fresh garlic cloves
8 oz whole baby portabellas
1/4 cup Marsala wine (or beef broth)
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1. Preheat large sauté on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place butter and onions in pan. Crush garlic, using garlic press, into pan; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until browned.
2. Stir in mushrooms, wine, and seasoned salt. Reduce heat on pan to medium and cover; cook and stir 5 minutes. Serve.
-- Complete your meal with sliced tomatoes, Caesar salad, crusty bread, and Key lime pie for dessert.
-- Steaks may be cooked in grill pan preheated on medium-high. Lightly coat pan with canola oil. Cook time will be about the same.