-- Begin water to boil for orzo
-- Complete recipe; serve - 20 minutes
Sautéed Balsamic Fish With Lemon Basil Orzo
2 cups water
Zest/juice of 1 lemon
1 cup orzo pasta
5 tablespoons basil pesto, divided
8 oz tomato trinity mix (fresh diced tomatoes, onions, bell peppers), divided
4 white fish filets, (tilapia, haddock, or flounder; 1.25 lb)
2 teaspoons salt-free garlic/herb seasoning
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/2 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
-- Zest/grate lemon peel (no white; 1 teaspoon); squeeze lemon for juice (2 tablespoons).
1. Bring exactly 2 cups water to boil for pasta. Stir orzo into boiling water; cook and stir 4 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to low; simmer and stir often for 3-4 more minutes or until orzo is tender and most of liquid has been absorbed. (Important to stir orzo, to prevent sticking; no draining needed.)
3. Stir in 3 tablespoons pesto, 1/2 cup tomato trinity, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Remove pan from heat and cover; set aside.
4. Preheat large nonstick sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Season fish on both sides with garlic/herb seasoning. Place oil in pan, then add fish; cook 1-2 minutes or until fish is lightly browned. Turn fish over.
5. Combine broth, vinegar, remaining 3/4 cup tomato trinity, and remaining 2 tablespoons pesto. Add to fish; cook 2-3 minutes or until mixture reduces by about one-half and fish flakes easily. Serve with orzo.
-- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend, potato rolls, and cheesecake for dessert.
-- Check with your Publix Seafood department about similar fish varieties that may be in season or on sale.