-- Prepare toast through step 1 - 10 minutes
-- Prepare pasta and complete toast; serve - 25 minutes
Sausage Vegetable Pasta
1 small zucchini, sliced
1 small yellow squash, sliced
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
1 tablespoon fresh basil, coarsely chopped
8 oz mild Italian sausage (2-3 links), sliced
8 oz rigatoni pasta
1 cup fresh pre-diced onions
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 teaspoon vegetable seasoning blend
1 1/2 cups specialty pasta sauce
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
-- Bring water to a boil for pasta.
-- Slice zucchini and squash; cut tomatoes into 1-inch pieces. Chop basil.
-- Cut sausage into small bite-size pieces (wash hands).
1. Cook and drain pasta following package instructions.
2. Combine zucchini, squash, onions, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and vegetable seasoning; set aside.
3. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place remaining 1 tablespoon oil in pan, then add sausage; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until no pink remains. Remove sausage from pan.
4. Add vegetable mixture to same pan; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften and brown.
5. Reduce heat to low; stir in tomatoes, pasta, sausage, and pasta sauce, then cover; simmer 1-2 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with basil and cheese; serve.
4 slices Bakery 100% Whole Wheat Mountain Bread
2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
8 tablespoons Deli artichoke-spinach dip
1/2 teaspoon vegetable seasoning blend
4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
-- Preheat oven to 400°F.
-- Cut each bread slice in half. Cut tomatoes into 8 slices.
1. Coat both sides of bread with spray. Place on baking sheet; bake 5-6 minutes or until lightly toasted.
2. Top each slice with 2 tablespoons spinach dip, 2 tomato slices, then sprinkle with vegetable seasoning; bake 3-4 minutes or until heated. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; serve.
-- Complete your meal with Caesar salad and carrot cake for dessert.
-- Grill the sausage and serve over the pasta to add a smoky flavor to this dish.