-- Prepare salad through step 2 - 15 minutes
-- Prepare pasta, complete salad; serve - 20 minutes
Sausage and Cheese Ravioli Sauté
2 Bartlett pears
1/2 lb fresh asparagus spears
2 links chicken (or pork) Italian sausage (6 oz)
2 tablespoons canola oil
8 oz pre-sliced baby portabellas
1 cup white wine (or chicken stock)
1 package cheese-filled pasta with mushrooms (8-9 oz)
2 tablespoons herb garlic butter
4 oz crumbled gorgonzola cheese
1/4 teaspoon pepper
-- Chop 1 pear coarsely (1 cup); coarsely grate remaining pear (1/2 cup).
-- Cut asparagus into bite-size pieces, removing tough root end.
-- Cut sausage into bite-size pieces (wash hands).
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add sausage and mushrooms; cook 2-3 minutes or until mushrooms and sausage have browned slightly. Add chopped pear; cook 1 minute more.
2. Reduce heat on pan to medium. Stir in wine, grated pear, asparagus, and pasta; simmer 3-4 minutes or until pasta is tender and wine has reduced by about two-thirds.
3. Remove pan from heat; stir in butter and cheese until blended. Sprinkle with pepper and serve.
3 slices Bakery garlic Texas toast
1/2 head iceberg lettuce, coarsely chopped
1 large tomato, coarsely chopped
4 oz reduced-fat sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 cup cooked bacon pieces
1/3 cup creamy Italian garlic dressing
-- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut bread into bite-size cubes; place in baking pan.
-- Chop 1/2 head of lettuce (about 4 cups) and tomato. Shred cheese (1/2 cup).
1. Bake bread cubes 4-5 minutes or until toasted. Set aside to cool.
2. Layer salad in serving bowl in this order: lettuce, cheese, bacon, and tomato.
3. Top salad with dressing and croutons. Toss when ready to serve.
-- Complete your meal with fresh cut fruit and chocolate cake for dessert.
-- Splurge a little and top the rest of the Texas toast with a little Cheddar cheese. Shred or slice it thinly and bake until heated.