Prepare chicken and begin to bake - 15 minutes
5 minutes into bake time, prepare corn and serve - 25 minutes
1 cup mild salsa
1 (10.75-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
8 ounces sour cream
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1 (20-ounce) bag frozen diced chicken breasts
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Preheat large saucepan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Add salsa, soup, sour cream, cumin, and chicken. Cook 5-6 minutes, stirring often, or until thoroughly heated.
2. Meanwhile, coat 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray. Tear tortillas into bite-size pieces.
3. Layer ingredients in baking dish as follows: arrange half of the tortillas in bottom of baking dish; top with half of the salsa mixture and half of the cheddar cheese. Repeat layers. Bake 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
1 (10-ounce) box frozen whole kernel corn
1-2 green onions (rinsed)
1 small zucchini (rinsed)
3 tablespoons diced pimientos (undrained)
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 tablespoon butter
1. Place corn in microwave-safe bowl.
2. Chop green onions finely; add to corn. Cut ends off zucchini and discard; cut into quarters lengthwise. Dice into 1/4-inch pieces; add to corn.
3. Stir in pimentos and seasoned salt. Cover and microwave on HIGH for 7-8 minutes, stirring once, or until tender and thoroughly heated. Drain and stir in butter. Serve.
This is a great make-ahead meal. Assemble the chicken up to 48 hours ahead. Then just pop in the oven, bake, and serve.