-- Prepare chicken and begin to bake - 15 minutes
-- Prepare beans and complete chicken; serve - 20 minutes
Rosemary Mushroom Chicken
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup sweet Marsala wine
1/2 teaspoon turbinado (raw) sugar
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups pre-sliced baby portabella mushrooms
-- Preheat oven to 450°F.
-- Snip rosemary, leaves only, using kitchen shears.
1. Place butter and wine in small saucepan; bring to a boil on medium-high. Cook 5 minutes or until liquid has reduced by about one-half.
2. Combine sugar, salt, and pepper in medium bowl. Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes; add to sugar/salt mixture (wash hands); toss until evenly coated. Arrange chicken in single layer in 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle mushrooms and rosemary over chicken.
3. Pour wine sauce over chicken. Bake 15-20 minutes (uncovered), stirring occasionally, or until chicken is 165°F. Serve.
1 small zucchini, sliced
3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/2 cup pre-diced red onions
1 (19-oz) can cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
1/2 cup julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 tablespoon capers
-- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (1 cup).
-- Chop garlic and parsley coarsely; set parsley aside.
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place 2 tablespoons oil in pan, then add garlic, onions, and beans; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until onions begin to soften.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients (except remaining olive oil and parsley); cook 3-4 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
3. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with parsley; serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
-- Complete your meal with wild rice, fresh salad blend, and chocolate cream pie.
-- Don’t want to use the oven? Leave chicken breasts whole and cook on medium-high in a large, covered sauté pan; cook time will be about the same as bake time.