-- Prepare potatoes through step 1 - 5 minutes
-- Prepare pork chops through step 2; while browning, continue potatoes - 10 minutes
-- Complete pork chops and potatoes; serve - 20 minutes
Recaito Pork Chops
4 boneless pork chops (about 1 1/4 lb)
1 teaspoon Complete seasoning
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
4 fresh garlic cloves
1 cup recaito seasoning sauce
1/2 cup white cooking wine
1 lime (for juice, rinsed)
1 cup tomato trinity mix (fresh tomatoes, onions, bell peppers)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1. Season both sides of pork chops with Complete seasoning (wash hands).
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add pork chops (wash hands); cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until browned. Meanwhile, chop garlic finely.
3. Reduce heat to medium; stir in garlic, recaito, and wine. Squeeze juice of lime over pork chops; cook 5-7 minutes, turning once, or until internal temperature reaches 160°F (for medium). Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness.
4. Remove pork from pan; set aside. Place tomato trinity and brown sugar in pan; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring often, or until sugar dissolves and vegetables are softened. Return pork chops to pan, turning to coat with sauce. Serve sauce over pork chops.
Fried Potatoes and Onions
1 large Spanish onion (rinsed)
4 medium white potatoes (about 1 3/4 lb, rinsed)
2 fresh garlic cloves
8 slices bacon
1 (5-gram) packet sazón with azafrán seasoning
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1. Remove ends and peel from onion; cut onion in half and slice thinly. Peel potatoes and slice thinly. Chop garlic finely.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Cut bacon into bite-size pieces (do this easily with kitchen shears); place in pan (wash hands).
3. Stir in all remaining ingredients (except oil). Cover and cook 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until potatoes are tender. Drizzle with olive oil; serve.
Recaito is a mild, cilantro-based Mexican seasoning sauce that also makes a perfect match with chicken or skirt steaks. For added spiciness, add a chopped serrano pepper to the finished sauce.