-- Slice veggies for squash recipe - 10 minutes
-- Prepare queso fundido through step 3 - 20 minutes
-- Continue squash, cooking veggies for both recipes at same time - 10 minutes
-- Complete both and serve - 5 minutes
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 large white onion, thinly sliced
3 cloves fresh garlic, coarsely chopped
2 links cured chorizo sausage (about 3 oz)
1 (5-gr) packet Sazón seasoning with annatto, coriander
1 (14-oz) package Mexican melting cheese
1 lb ground pork
8 large flour tortillas
-- Preheat oven to 450°F. Chop cilantro; set aside.
-- Slice peppers and onions; place in large bowl. Chop garlic; add to peppers.
-- Cut chorizo in half lengthwise, then turn and slice thinly; add to peppers.
1. Stir Sazón into pepper mixture until evenly blended.
2. Cut cheese into 1-inch pieces and place in 2-quart baking dish; bake 8-10 minutes or until melted and bubbly.
3. Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2-3 minutes. Place pepper mixture in pan; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until vegetables have softened and chorizo has become oily.
4. Stir in ground pork; cook and stir 3-5 more minutes or until pork is browned and no pink remains. Drain to remove fat. (Heat tortillas following package instructions, if desired.)
5. Remove baking dish from oven (make sure cheese is bubbly). Pour pork mixture evenly over cheese; sprinkle with cilantro. Spoon mixture into tortillas and serve. (Makes 8 servings.)
Sautéed Squash With Recaito
5 medium yellow squash
1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1 (12-oz) jar roasted red peppers, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 tablespoons recaito seasoning sauce
-- Cut squash in half lengthwise then turn and slice thinly; place in medium bowl.
-- Slice onion and red peppers; add to squash.
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add vegetables; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until squash is tender.
2. Stir in recaito until well blended. Serve.
-- Complete your meal with black beans and rice, avocado slices, and rice pudding for dessert.
-- Be sure to serve the queso fundido while still piping hot; the cheese will become tough and chewy as it cools.