-- Prepare chicken and begin to bake - 15 minutes
-- During last 5 minutes of bake time, prepare spinach - 25 minutes
-- Complete chicken and serve - 5 minutes
Pub-Style Chicken and Caramelized Onions
3 oz reduced-fat jalapeño Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup light soy sauce
1 tablespoon molasses
1 tablespoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
large zip-top bag
1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 (5-oz) packages fresh pre-sliced onions (4 cups)
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2/3 cup garlic pepper crispy onions
1/4 cup refrigerated Caesar dressing
1/4 cup light honey mustard dressing
-- Preheat oven to 425°F.
-- Shred cheese (1 cup).
1. Combine soy sauce, molasses, garlic powder, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; place mixture in bag and add chicken, turning to coat. Let stand 10 minutes (or overnight) to marinate.
2. Toss fresh onions with oil, salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place onions in 13- x 9-inch baking dish; top with chicken. Bake 20-25 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F.
3. Top chicken with crispy onions and cheese; bake 2-3 more minutes or until cheese melts.
4. Combine both dressings; microwave on HIGH 20-30 seconds or until hot. Drizzle sauce over chicken and serve.
1 bag fresh spinach (6-9 oz)
1 tablespoon garlic herb butter
1/2 teaspoon Bakery bread-dip seasoning (Parmesan blend)
1. Place spinach in microwave-safe bowl and cover; microwave on HIGH 4-5 minutes or until tender. Drain, if needed.
2. Stir in butter and seasoning. Serve.
-- Complete your meal with brown rice, whole wheat bread, and fresh berries with whipped topping for dessert.
-- Combine any leftover ingredients to make a gourmet sandwich.