-- Prepare squash casserole and begin to bake - 20 minutes
-- Prepare chicken recipe; serve - 30 minutes
4 boneless chicken cutlets (1-1 1/4 lb)
6-8 thin prosciutto slices (4 oz)
2 teaspoons dry chicken rub seasoning
1/4 cup garlic herb mayonnaise
Toothpicks (or 4 small skewers)
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 (14-oz) can whole berry cranberry sauce
1/2 cup sweet vermouth (or apple cider)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place 1 cutlet on top of 1 1/2-2 prosciutto slices; repeat with remaining cutlets. (Split prosciutto lengthwise, if needed.) Sprinkle cutlets with seasoning; coat with mayonnaise. Roll (or fold) each cutlet, starting at small end and tucking in ends of prosciutto; secure with toothpicks (wash hands).
2. Preheat oil in large nonstick sauté pan 2-3 minutes on medium-high, then add chicken, seam side down; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden.
3. Place chicken on baking sheet; bake 12-15 minutes or until chicken is 165°F.
4. Place cranberry sauce and vermouth in same sauté pan; cook 4-5 minutes or until sauce is reduced by about one-third. Serve with chicken.
Winter Squash Casserole
3 medium parsnips (about 3/4 lb)
1 butternut squash (about 1 1/2 lb)
Zest of 1 lemon
1 (6-oz) bag dried fruit bits
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1 cup apple butter
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
2 cups mini marshmallows, divided
-- Peel parsnips; cut into 1/2-inch cubes; place in microwave-safe dish and microwave on HIGH 3 minutes.
-- Cut squash in half; peel squash and remove seeds, then cut into 1/2-inch cubes (4 cups).
-- Zest/grate lemon peel (no white, 1 teaspoon).
1. Stir into parsnips: squash, dried fruit, and water; microwave on HIGH 10 more minutes. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Toss squash mixture with cornstarch. Stir in apple butter, condensed milk, lemon zest, and 1 cup marshmallows.
3. Transfer mixture to 13- x 9-inch baking dish; top with remaining 1 cup of marshmallows. Bake 20-25 minutes or until top is browned and squash is tender. Serve.
-- Complete your meal with fresh salad blend, hard rolls, and Key lime pie for dessert.
-- You can use 2 cups fresh cranberries, instead of canned; cook an additional 5 minutes or until the berries "pop" and begin to break down.