-- Coat chicken, then prepare salad greens - 20 minutes
-- Cook chicken and complete salad; serve - 10 minutes
Praline Chicken and Warm Goat Cheese Salad
1 tablespoon shallots, finely chopped
2 heads bittersweet salad greens (radicchio or Belgian endive)
1 cup fresh green beans
1 tart green apple
4 oz chunk goat cheese
1 cup praline pecans, divided
1 cup panko bread crumbs
Large zip-top bag (optional)
1 lb boneless chicken cutlets
3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/4 cup honey
-- Chop shallots.
-- Cut salad greens into quarters or wedges.
-- Cut green beans and apples into bite-size pieces.
-- Crumble goat cheese.
1. Process 3/4 cup praline pecans in food processor until fine crumbs. Combine praline and panko in zip-top bag (or place in shallow bowl). Coat both sides of chicken, 1 or 2 at a time, with crumb mixture; press with fingertips to evenly coat (wash hands).
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place 1 tablespoon oil in pan, then add apples, green beans, and salad greens; cook 2-3 minutes or until greens are wilted and beans are softened. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and transfer to serving plates.
3. Reduce heat to medium. Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to pan, then add chicken; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until 165°F. Remove chicken from pan; let stand 3-5 minutes, then slice thinly.
4. Combine vinegar, honey, and shallots in a microwave-safe bowl and cover; microwave on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
5. Top salad greens with sliced chicken, goat cheese, and remaining 1/4 cup praline pecans. Drizzle with honey dressing; serve.
-- Complete your meal with hearty, whole grain bread and a fruit tart or pie for dessert.
-- You can substitute red wine or balsamic vinegar for the white wine vinegar.