-- Prepare cookie cakes and begin to bake - 10 minutes
-- Prepare soup and serve - 30 minutes
-- Cookies can stand to cool until ready to serve
Potato Soup With Sausage
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 1/2 lb Yukon gold potatoes
1/2 lb chicken (or turkey) Italian sausage (2 links)
1 (48-oz) box reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
4 cups chopped kale greens (about 8 oz)
1/2 cup heavy cream
-- Slice onion. Halve potatoes, then slice thinly.
-- Remove casing from sausage (wash hands).
1. Preheat large stock pot on medium 2-3 minutes. Place sausage in pan; brown 5-7 minutes, stirring to crumble meat, or until no pink remains.
2. Stir in onions; cook 1-2 minutes or until onions are softened. Stir in potatoes, broth, salt, seasoning, and kale; cook and stir 12-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
3. Puree soup lightly using stick blender (or potato masher) until smooth. Stir in cream; serve.
Pumpkin Cookie Cakes
1 egg (or 1/4 cup egg substitute)
1 cup canned pumpkin
2/3 cup canned dulce de leche caramel
1 (24-ct) package refrigerated cookie dough (gingerbread or sugar) *see Aprons Advice
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat 24-cup mini-muffin pan with cooking spray. Whisk egg in medium bowl until blended. Stir in pumpkin and caramel until evenly mixed.
2. Separate cookie dough, placing one square in each cup of muffin pan. Press dough evenly, using fingertips, into bottom of cup and up sides to form a crust.
3. Fill each cup with about 1 teaspoon of pumpkin mixture. Bake 25 minutes or until crust is golden. Cool 10 minutes in pan; turn out with a fork and serve. (Makes 24 mini-cakes.)
-- Complete your meal with fresh salad blend and crusty bread.
-- You will have enough pumpkin and dulce de leche caramel left to make a second batch of cookie cakes. Just be sure to pick up an extra package of cookie dough for the crust.