-- Prepare beans through step 1 - 5 minutes
-- Prepare potatoes (pork recipe) through step 2; continue beans - 10 minutes
-- Complete pork recipe and serve - 10 minutes
Pork Chops With Homestyle Potatoes
2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated homestyle sliced potatoes
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
4 smoked pork chops (about 3/4 lb)
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place 1 tablespoon oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add potatoes, sprinkle with seasoned salt, and cook 5-7 minutes until potatoes begin to brown.
2. Flip potatoes and continue to cook 4-5 more minutes or until browned and tender. (Remove from heat when done.)
3. Meanwhile, preheat second large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil and pork chops. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned and thoroughly heated. Serve.
Tomato Bacon Beans
12 ounces fresh snipped green beans
2 cups water
1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes (undrained)
1/2 cup pre-diced onions
1 tablespoon cooked bacon pieces
1 tablespoon herb garlic butter
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Snap green beans, if desired. Place beans and water in medium saucepan. Bring to boil on high; cook 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beans begin to soften.
2. Drain beans; stir in remaining ingredients. Reduce to low, cover, and cook 10-12 more minutes, stirring occasionally, for crisp-tender (or longer until desired tenderness). Serve.
Watching carbs? Omit the potatoes (which account for the net carbs in the pork recipe), enjoy the beans, and add a fresh green salad.