-- Prepare chicken and begin to bake - 10 minutes
-- Prepare salad; complete chicken and serve - 30 minutes
Plantain Chicken Rolls With Lime Sauce
1 (11-oz) box frozen whole baked plantains
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 3/4 lb)
2 teaspoons mango-lime (or seafood) seasoning, divided
2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/3 cup Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons honey
-- Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
-- Microwave plantains in tray 1 minute on HIGH to thaw slightly.
-- Butterfly chicken: cut in half horizontally, leaving one side attached. Open chicken and place in baking dish (wash hands).
1. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon seasoning over chicken.
2. Place 1 plantain on bottom half of each breast, then fold top half over plantain; secure with a skewer (or toothpick). Season with remaining 1 teaspoon seasoning. Bake 22-27 minutes or until 165°F.
3. Whisk lime juice, yogurt, and honey until blended. Slice chicken and serve with lime sauce.
Ginger Citrus Salad
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon ginger spice blend paste
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 (24-oz) jars citrus salad in extra light syrup (drained)
1 cup dried cranberries
1. Whisk together in salad bowl, yogurt, brown sugar, spice blend, and cinnamon.
2. Add citrus salad and cranberries; gently stir into dressing until evenly coated. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
-- Complete your meal with white rice, Cuban bread, and caramel cookies for dessert.
-- This recipe would work equally well with pork chops, or even thin white fish filets like tilapia or flounder.