-- Prepare burgers - 20 minutes
-- Prepare salad; serve - 5 minutes
3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/2 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoons complete seasoning, divided
1 lb ground lamb
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 Deli pita breads
-- Preheat grill pan (or grill).
-- Slice tomatoes and cucumber (about 1 cup each); chop garlic and dill.
-- Squeeze lemon for juice (1 tablespoon); place in small bowl.
1. Stir into lemon juice: dill, garlic, feta, yogurt, sour cream, and 1/4 teaspoon seasoning until blended. Chill ready to use.
2. Combine meat, remaining 1 1/4 teaspoons seasoning, and pepper; form into 4 thin 1/4-inch-thick patties (wash hands). Place meat in grill pan (or on grill); grill 2-3 minutes on each side or until 160°F.
3. Place burgers inside pitas; add feta sauce, cucumbers, and tomatoes to each burger. Serve.
Classic Greek Salad
1/2 seedless cucumber
2 plum tomatoes, sliced
1 bag Italian salad blend (7-10 oz)
8 oz Deli homestyle red potato salad (1 cup)
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup Greek vinaigrette
-- Cut cucumber lengthwise into quarters, then cut into 2-inch-long pieces (or cut in thick slices). Cut each tomato into 6 wedges.
1. Divide salad blend; place on serving plates. Top each with 1/4 cup potato salad. Arrange cucumbers and tomatoes around potato salad.
2. Top each salad with 1 tablespoon cheese and drizzle with dressing. Serve.
-- Complete your meal with corn on the cob and cherry pie for dessert.
-- Any extra feta sauce would be great as a dip for fresh vegetables.