-- Prepare fish, begin to bake - 10 minutes
-- Complete fish, prepare salad; serve - 15 minutes
Pistachio Piccata Fish
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
1/2 cup shelled pistachios, finely chopped
Zest/juice of 1 lemon, divided
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
4 (6-oz) firm, white fish fillets (swordfish or halibut), thawed
2 tablespoons capers, drained
1/2 cup white wine
-- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with foil.
-- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter.
-- Chop pistachios.
-- Zest/grate lemon peel (no white; 1 teaspoon); squeeze lemon for juice (3 tablespoons).
1. Combine pistachios, bread crumbs, lemon zest, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, and melted butter until blended.
2. Place fish on baking sheet; top with pistachio mixture. Bake 10-12 minutes or until fish is 145°F (or opaque and separates easily).
3. Place capers and remaining 2 tablespoons butter in medium sauté pan on medium heat; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until capers brown slightly. Stir in wine and remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice; simmer 1-2 minutes or until sauce is reduced by about one-half. Serve sauce under fish.
Easy Chopped Salad
1 bag mixed salad greens (4-5 oz), finely chopped
15 pitted, seasoned olives, finely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
1/2 cup crumbled garlic/herb feta cheese
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
-- Chop salad greens, olives, thyme, and tomatoes (1 cup).
1. Place all ingredients in salad bowl (except oil).
2. Drizzle with oil; toss and serve.
-- Complete your meal with angel hair pasta, French bread, and brownies for dessert.
-- Toss the salad with oil just before serving. Do it too early and the salad may wilt and become soggy.