-- Preheat oven; prepare baked potatoes through step 3 - 5 minutes
-- While potatoes microwave, prepare salad through step 2 - 10 minutes
-- Complete potatoes, prepare steak, toss salad; serve - 15 minutes
4 boneless NY strip steaks - approximately 1 1/2 pounds
4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons browning sauce
4 teaspoons cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons Marsala wine
1 tablespoon white wine Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat grill.
2. Using butter knife, coat each side of steak with mustard. Brush both sides of steak with browning sauce; then sprinkle with pepper. Wash hands.
3. Using tongs, place steaks on grill. Place top side of grill over steaks. Cook for 2-3 minutes. (If using regular grill, double cooking time, turning once).
4. In small mixing bowl, combine wine and Worcestershire. Whisk well.
5. Pour wine mixture over steaks. (For safety reasons, if using gas grill, brush mixture onto steaks using basting brush). Close grill and cook 1-2 minutes, or until desired doneness. Note: Cooking time may need to be adjusted for varying thickness of steaks.
6. Remove steaks from heat and serve.
Seasoned Baked Potatoes
4 baking potatoes
1 teaspoon garlic butter
2 teaspoons Montreal Steak Seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Scrub potatoes and prick on all sides with fork. Place in baking dish.
3. Microwave for 12-15 minutes (use additional time for large baking potatoes).
4. In small microwave-safe dish, heat butter on high for 30-45 seconds, or until butter is melted. Brush butter on potatoes and sprinkle with seasoning.
5. Return potatoes to baking dish, place in oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
Tomato Bacon Salad
1/2 pint grape tomatoes
4 cups (3/4 bag) European salad blend
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tablespoon real bacon bits
1/4 cup tomato and bacon salad dressing
1. Wash tomatoes.
2. Place salad blend in large salad bowl. Add carrots, tomatoes and bacon bits ; set-aside until ready to toss.
3. Add dressing. Toss to mix well.
To save calories, coat potatoes with butter-flavored cooking spray instead of butter.