-- Varies by recipe
Mini Stuffed Peppers
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
2/3 cup flavored spreadable cheese (about 5 oz)
2 teaspoons dried cranberries, finely chopped
2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
1 pint mini sweet bell peppers
1. Place walnuts in medium sauté pan; heat and stir on low heat 5-7 minutes or until toasted.
2. Place cheese in bowl to soften. Chop cranberries and walnuts; slice green onions. Stir all three into cheese until well blended.
3. Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds and caps. Fill peppers with cheese mixture and arrange on serving platter. May be chilled until ready to serve.
Total Time: 25 minutes (Makes about 20 appetizers.)
Teriyaki Pork Bites
2 1/2 teaspoons garlic blend paste, divided
2 1/4 teaspoons ginger spice paste, divided
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 teriyaki-flavored pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
1/2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
1/4 cup low-sugar apricot preserves
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
4 thin (or 8 mini) bagels
1. Preheat oven to 400°F; coat baking dish with cooking spray. Combine 2 teaspoons each of the garlic and ginger pastes, along with pepper, until blended. Coat all sides of pork with mixture; place in baking dish (wash hands). Bake 30-35 minutes or until pork is 160°F (for medium).
2. Combine in small saucepan, cranberry sauce, apricot preserves, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon ginger paste; heat and stir on low heat 3-4 minutes or until mixture melts.
3. Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste with mayonnaise; chill until ready to use. Remove cranberry sauce from heat. Cover and set aside to slightly thicken and allow flavors to blend.
4. Remove pork from oven; let stand 5-10 minutes before slicing. Cut bagels into halves (top and bottom); place on baking sheet. Bake 4-5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Slice pork thinly.
5. Assemble bagels in this order: spread 1/2 teaspoon mayonnaise mixture on each bagel half, add pork slices, and then top with cranberry mixture. Cut each bagel into quarters (or in half diagonally). Serve.
Total Time: 1 hour (Makes 32 appetizers.)
Black-Eyed Pea Salsa
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon Complete seasoning
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (15.5-oz) can black-eyed peas (drained and rinsed)
8 oz tomato trinity mix (fresh diced tomatoes, onions, bell peppers)
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
pita chips or crackers (for serving)
1. Combine in medium bowl, lime juice, olive oil, Complete seasoning, and pepper. Stir in peas and tomato trinity. Chop cilantro; stir into pea mixture.
2. Chill 15 minutes or more to blend flavors. Serve with pita chips or crackers.
Total Time: 20 minutes (Makes 3 cups.)
-- These recipes work well together or individually.
-- The Black-Eyed Pea Salsa and the Mini Stuffed Peppers can be made early in the day.
-- Allow about an hour for the Teriyaki Pork Bites. While the pork bakes, arrange your buffet with Publix Deli platters (meat, cheese, fruit, and vegetables).
-- Finish with gourmet pastries and desserts from the Publix Bakery.