2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
2/3 cup flavored spreadable cheese (about 5 oz)
2 teaspoons dried cranberries, finely chopped
2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
1 pint mini sweet (or mini bell) peppers
- Place walnuts in medium sauté pan on low; heat and stir 5–7 minutes or until toasted.
- Place cheese in bowl to soften. Chop cranberries and walnuts; slice green onions. Stir all three into cheese until well blended.
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds and caps. Fill peppers with cheese mixture and arrange on serving platter. May be chilled until ready to serve.
2 1/2 teaspoons garlic blend paste, divided
2 1/4 teaspoons ginger spice paste, divided
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 teriyaki-flavored pork tenderloin (about 1 lb)
1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
1/4 cup low-sugar apricot preserves
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
4 thin (or 8 mini) bagels
- Preheat oven to 400°F; coat baking dish with spray. Combine 2 teaspoons each of the garlic and ginger pastes, along with pepper, until blended. Coat all sides of pork with mixture; place in baking dish (wash hands). Bake 30–35 minutes or until pork is 145°F (for medium).
- Combine in small saucepan: cranberry sauce, apricot preserves, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon ginger paste; heat and stir on low 3–4 minutes or until mixture melts.
- Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon garlic paste with mayonnaise; chill until ready to use. Remove cranberry sauce from heat. Cover and set aside to slightly thicken and allow flavors to blend.
- Remove pork from oven; let stand 5–10 minutes before slicing. Cut bagels into halves (top and bottom); place on baking sheet. Bake 4–5 minutes or until lightly toasted. Slice pork thinly.
- Assemble bagels in this order: spread 1/2 teaspoon mayonnaise mixture on each bagel half, add pork slices, and then top with cranberry mixture. Cut each bagel into quarters (or in half diagonally). Serve.
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon total seasoning
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (15.5-oz) can black-eyed peas (drained and rinsed)
8 oz tomato trinity mix (fresh diced tomatoes, onions, bell peppers)
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
Pita chips or crackers (for serving)
- Combine in medium bowl: lime juice, olive oil, total seasoning, and pepper. Stir in peas and tomato trinity. Chop cilantro; stir into pea mixture.
- Chill 15 minutes or more to blend flavors. Serve with pita chips or crackers. (Makes 3 cups.)