-- Prepare salad - 10 minutes
-- Prepare fish; serve - 15 minutes
Pan-Seared Fish With Creamy Herbs
1 tablespoon fresh chives, finely chopped
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
2 tablespoons light mayonnaise with olive oil
4 firm fish fillets (such as snapper, mahi, or cod; about 1 1/2 lb)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper mélange
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup white wine (or chicken broth)
1. Chop herbs; combine with mayonnaise. Season fish with salt and pepper (wash hands).
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add fish; cook 2-3 minutes on first side.
3. Turn fish; add wine and reduce heat to medium-low. Top fish with herb mixture; cook 2-3 more minutes or until fish is 145°F (or opaque and separates easily). Serve.
1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons cilantro, coarsely chopped
4 oz fresh white cheese (such as feta or queso blanco), diced
2 cups chilled orange (or citrus) segments in light syrup, drained
3 tablespoons fruit vinaigrette
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
-- Slice onion (1/3 cup). Chop cilantro.
-- Dice cheese.
1. Combine oranges, onions, and cheese.
2. Drizzle vinaigrette over salad; sprinkle with cilantro and salt. Serve.
-- Complete your meal with Cuban bread and rice pudding for dessert.
-- To make a hearty dinner salad, serve the citrus-cheese salad over a bed of baby spinach.