-- Preheat oven; prepare soup through step 3 - 20 minutes
-- While soup comes to boil, prepare BLT and begin to bake - 10 minutes
-- Complete soup, assemble BLT and serve - 5 minutes
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup frozen diced onions
2 teaspoons roasted garlic
1 (8-ounce) package sliced baby portabella mushrooms
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 (14-ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 (14-ounce) can beef broth
1/3 cup sherry
1 cup reduced-fat milk
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup water
1. Preheat large saucepan on high heat 1-2 minutes. Combine oil, onions and garlic in saucepan; cover and cook 1 minute. Stir in mushrooms; cover and cook 5 minutes.
2. Combine in small bowl, onion powder, seasoned salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning.
3. Whisking continuously, add chicken broth, beef broth, sherry, milk, and dry spice mixture. (Add ingredients in this order to prevent milk from curdling.) Simmer uncovered 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, just until boiling.
4. Mix flour and water in small bowl to form a creamy paste. Add 3/4 cup broth from soup in 1/4-cup increments, stirring after each addition, to make a thin paste. Add to soup slowly while whisking continuously. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
2 personal-size pizza crusts
8 pre-cooked bacon slices
olive oil cooking spray
1/8 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
4 teaspoons mayonnaise
1 premium tomato (rinsed)
4 lettuce leaves (rinsed)
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Stack crusts and cut into quarters. Place stacked crusts on half of baking sheet; arrange bacon on other half. Spray top crust with cooking spray and sprinkle with steak seasoning. Bake 4-5 minutes until bacon is crisp. Slice tomato thinly.
2. Remove pizza crusts from oven. Set top crusts aside. Spread remaining crust quarters with 1 teaspoon mayonnaise. Add 2 bacon slices, 1 tomato slice, and 1 lettuce leaf to each. Top with remaining crusts. Serve.
For added flavor, substitute some shiitake mushrooms for part of the portabella mushrooms.