-- Prepare shrimp through step 5; begin to microwave peas - 20 minutes
-- Complete shrimp and sugar snaps; serve - 5 minutes
1 avocado (rinsed)
2 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
large zip-top bag
1 pound peeled/deveined shrimp (thawed, if needed)
2 tablespoons garlic butter
3-4 fresh garlic cloves
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
1 tablespoon basil pesto
1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated linguine
1. Cut avocado in half lengthwise; twist one half away from seed and reserve for garnish. Cut remaining half into strips and then cut into bite-size pieces (discarding skin); set aside.
2. Fill large saucepan half full of water. Cover and bring to boil on high for pasta.
3. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place flour and seasoned salt in zip-top bag; shake to mix. Add shrimp (wash hands); seal tightly and shake to coat.
4. Place butter in pan; swirl to coat. Crush garlic cloves, using garlic press, into sauté pan. Use knife to scrape garlic from bottom of garlic press. Add shrimp (wash hands); cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until shrimp just begin to turn pink.
5. Reduce heat on shrimp to low. Stir in avocado and remaining ingredients (except pasta). Simmer 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until sauce thickens.
6. Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 2-3 minutes, stirring often, or until desired tenderness.
7. Drain pasta and stir into shrimp until blended. Serve.
Sugar Snap Peas
2 (9-ounce) boxes frozen sugar snap peas
1 tablespoon garlic butter
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1. Place all ingredients in microwave-safe bowl; set aside.
2. Cover and microwave on HIGH 5-6 minutes, stirring once, or until hot. Stir and serve.
For blue cheese garlic bread: spread garlic butter on bread, top with blue cheese crumbles, and bake 5-7 minutes or until cheese bubbles.