-- Prepare pork through step 2 - 15 minutes
-- Prepare salad, complete pork; serve - 25 minutes
Mojo Pork Chili
1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup green olives with pimentos, coarsely chopped
1/2 lb Deli mojo pork, shredded
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 cups unsalted chicken stock (or broth)
1/2 cup mojo marinade
1 (16-oz) can reduced-sodium pinto beans, drained
1 (14.5-oz) can diced potatoes, drained
1 (8.5-oz) bag pre-cooked basmati rice
1 medium avocado, chopped
-- Chop onion (1 cup), cilantro (1/2 cup), and olives.
-- Shred pork (about 2 cups) into small bite-size pieces.
1. Preheat large stock pot on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add onions and pork; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until onions soften.
2. Reduce heat to low; add stock, marinade, beans, and potatoes, then cover; simmer 15-18 minutes or until pork is hot and flavors are blended.
3. Microwave rice following package instructions. Cut avocado into small bite-size pieces. Place rice in serving bowls; top with chili, avocado, cilantro, and olives. Serve.
Zesty Wedge Salad
1 medium head iceberg lettuce
1/4 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup green olives with pimentos, finely chopped
1/4 cup spicy ranch dressing
2 tablespoons sofrito
1 cup crispy tortilla or wonton strips
-- Remove lettuce core; cut lettuce into 6 wedges.
-- Chop cilantro (2 tablespoons), onion (1/4 cup), and olives; place in bowl and toss until blended.
1. Whisk dressing and sofrito until blended.
2. Top each wedge with dressing, olive mixture, and crispy strips. Serve.
-- Complete your meal with hot sauce for the chili, Cuban bread, and cupcakes for dessert.
-- Publix Deli Rotisserie Chicken would be a great substitute for the mojo pork.