1/2 yellow onion, chopped
1/2 lb Deli mojo pork, shredded
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 cups unsalted chicken stock (or broth)
1/2 cup mojo marinade
1 (16-oz) can reduced-sodium pinto beans, drained
1 (14.5-oz) can diced potatoes, drained
1 (8.5-oz) bag precooked basmati rice
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
1/2 cup green olives with pimientos, coarsely chopped
1 medium avocado, chopped
- Chop onion (1 cup).
- Shred pork (about 2 cups) into small bite-size pieces.
- Preheat large stockpot on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pot, then add onions and pork; cook and stir 2–3 minutes or until onions soften.
- Reduce heat to low; add stock, marinade, beans, and potatoes, then cover; simmer 15–18 minutes or until pork is hot and flavors are blended.
- Microwave rice following package instructions. Chop cilantro (1/2 cup) and olives; cut avocado into small bite-size pieces.
- Place rice in serving bowls; top with chili, avocado, cilantro, and olives. Serve.
1 medium head iceberg lettuce
1/4 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup green olives with pimentos, finely chopped
1/4 cup spicy ranch dressing
2 tablespoons sofrito
1 cup crispy tortilla or wonton strips
- Remove lettuce core; cut lettuce into 6 wedges and place on serving plates.
- Chop cilantro (2 tablespoons), onion (1/4 cup), and olives; place in bowl and toss until blended.
- Whisk dressing and sofrito until blended. Top each wedge with dressing, olive mixture, and crispy strips. Serve.