-- Prepare mushrooms and kabobs each through step 1 - 10 minutes
-- Continue mushrooms through step 2; grill kabobs - 20 minutes
-- Prepare potato salad, complete mushrooms; serve - 5 minutes
Mesquite Kabobs With Salsa Potato Salad
8-10 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1 tablespoon mesquite grilling seasoning
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
4 beef (or chicken) and vegetable kabobs (about 1 1/2 lb)
2 tablespoons mild salsa
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
16 oz Deli red potato salad
-- Preheat grill.
-- Chop basil (1 tablespoon).
1. Combine seasoning and oil; brush over kabobs and let stand 5 minutes.
2. Place kabobs on grill and close lid; grill 13-15 minutes, turning often, or until beef is 145°F (for medium-rare) and chicken is 170°F.
3. Stir basil, salsa, and hot sauce into potato salad. Serve.
8 oz whole baby portabellas
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons balsamic vinaigrette, divided
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
4 oz Monterey Jack cheese with peppers
1 cup grape tomatoes
3 tablespoons shelled sunflower seeds
Juice of 1/2 lemon (1 tablespoon)
3 oz baby arugula salad greens
1/4 cup pre-sliced green onions
-- Cut any larger mushrooms in half.
1. Place mushrooms in medium saucepan with water, 1/4 cup vinaigrette, and garlic salt. Cover and bring to boil on high; then boil 4 more minutes. Drain and let stand, about 10 minutes, to cool.
2. Cut cheese into bite-size pieces and place in medium bowl. Stir in mushrooms, tomatoes, sunflower seeds, lemon juice, and remaining 2 tablespoons vinaigrette.
3. Divide arugula and place in individual salad bowls. Top with mushroom mixture; sprinkle with green onions and serve.
-- Complete your meal with garlic bread and apple pie for dessert.
-- Check doneness of kabobs by inserting thermometer through 2- 3 chunks of meat (parallel to the skewers).