1 medium onion
6 cloves fresh garlic
2 (14-oz) cans reduced-sodium beef broth
1 (18-oz) bottle Memphis-style barbecue sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 boneless Boston butt pork roast (about 3 1/2 lb)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons water
6 Bakery French (or regular) Hamburger Rolls, sliced open
- Slice onion thickly; place in slow cooker with garlic cloves. Stir in broth, barbecue sauce, sugar, vinegar, and pepper; add pork roast gently (wash hands). Cover and cook on high 6-8 hours or until pork is fork tender.
- Remove pork from slow cooker. Combine cornstarch and water until blended. Stir into sauce mixture in slow cooker; bring to a boil. Boil 4-5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Shred pork using two forks. Strain sauce; discard onions and garlic. Serve pork on rolls topped with sauce.
Shortcut Memphis-Style Pork
Shred 2 lb Publix Deli Mojo Pork (or cooked pork) with two forks; place in microwave-safe bowl. Combine 1 (18-oz) bottle Memphis-style barbecue sauce, 1/3 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup cider vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Stir sauce into pork and cover; microwave on HIGH 7–8 minutes, stirring once, or until hot. Serve pork on Bakery French (or regular) hamburger rolls. Total Time: 15 minutes; Servings: 6
1/4 cup cider vinegar
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 (16-oz) bag shredded cole slaw mix
- Whisk in medium bowl, vinegar, sugar, and celery seed until blended. Add mayonnaise, salt, and pepper; whisk until smooth.
- Stir in cole slaw mix until evenly coated. Chill until ready to serve. Stir and serve.
We've included two versions of our Memphis-Style Pulled Pork. One can cook all day in a slow cooker; the other is a quick version using our Publix Deli Mojo Pork.