-- Prepare dessert recipe through prep and step 1 - 10 minutes
-- Prepare fish recipe and serve - 20 minutes
-- When ready to serve, complete dessert and serve - 10 minutes
Mediterranean Fish Over Potatoes
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups refrigerated homestyle sliced potatoes
1/3 cup water
6 kalamata (or pitted black) olives
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 lb tilapia (cod, snapper, or sole) fillets; thawed
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 (14.5-oz) can herb/garlic diced tomatoes
1/4 cup crumbled tomato/basil feta cheese
1. Place oil in large sauté pan, add potatoes and water, then cover; cook and stir on medium-high 5-6 minutes or until potatoes are tender and water is absorbed. Remove pits from olives; chop olives coarsely.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Arrange potatoes evenly into a single layer; sprinkle with olives, salt, and pepper. Place fish (darker side up) on potatoes. Squeeze juice of one half lemon over fish.
3. Drain tomatoes very thoroughly (press tightly to remove as much liquid as possible). Spread tomatoes over fish and sprinkle with feta cheese, then cover; cook 4-6 minutes, without turning or stirring, or until fish is opaque and flakes easily.
4. Reduce heat to low and remove cover; cook 1-2 minutes to allow any extra liquid to evaporate. Serve.
1 (10.75-oz) frozen all-butter pound cake
4 Bartlett pears
1 tablespoon sugar
2 (1-oz) squares white baking chocolate
4 oz prepared vanilla pudding
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
6 oz fresh raspberries
-- Cut pound cake evenly into six slices and place on dessert plates.
-- Peel pears and remove core; cut into bite-size pieces.
1. Place pears in microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle with sugar, and cover; microwave on HIGH 4 minutes or until tender. Let stand 5 minutes.
2. Place white chocolate, pudding, and cream in second microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 2 minutes or until hot. Let stand 3 minutes; then stir until smooth.
3. Drain pears, just before serving, and spoon over cake slices. Pour sauce over pears; top with raspberries and serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
-- Complete your meal with fresh asparagus and sourdough bread.
-- If you do not have an olive/cherry pitting tool, use a knife to cut the pit out of the olives.