-- Preheat oven
-- Prepare polenta and begin to bake - 10 minutes
-- Prepare pork chops through step 3 - 15 minutes
-- Prepare peas and complete pork chops; serve - 10 minutes
Maple Mustard Pork Chops
1/4 cup country sausage gravy mix
1 1/2 pounds center-cut pork rib chops (4 chops)
large zip-top bag
2 tablespoons butter
2 McIntosh (or other firm tart) apples
1 (12-ounce) jar homestyle pork gravy
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
1. Place gravy mix (reserved from polenta) and pork chops in zip-top bag; seal tightly and shake to coat. Wash hands.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium 2-3 minutes. Place butter in pan and swirl to coat. Add pork chops, using tongs, and cook 3 minutes, without turning, until browned.
3. Cut (rinsed) apples into bite-size pieces, discarding core. Turn pork chops and add apples; cook 3 minutes, until pork chops are browned.
4. Whisk remaining ingredients together in medium bowl. Pour over pork chops and apples; swirl pan to mix ingredients. Cook 5 minutes or until internal temperature of pork chops is 160°F (for medium). Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness. Serve.
butter cooking spray
2 tablespoons butter
1 (17-ounce) tube polenta (plain or flavored)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk
2 tablespoons country sausage gravy mix
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 8-inch-square baking dish with cooking spray. Place butter in medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 20-30 seconds or until butter melts.
2. Cut tube of polenta in half (this allows wrapper to be easily removed); discard packaging. Cut evenly into eight 3/4-inch-thick circles; place in baking dish and season with salt and pepper.
3. Stir milk and 2 tablespoons gravy mix (reserve remaining mix for pork chop recipe) into butter, mixing until creamy. Pour over polenta. Bake 25 minutes or until golden. Serve.
1 (16-ounce) bag frozen green peas
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1. Place peas and water in microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on HIGH 6-9 minutes, stirring once, or until tender.
2. Drain peas; stir in butter and seasoned salt; serve.
The polenta also makes a great breakfast treat. Add cooked, crumbled sausage and shredded Cheddar cheese before baking.