-- Prepare recipe and begin to brown potatoes - 15 minutes
-- Continue recipe, cooking chicken - 10 minutes
-- Complete recipe and serve - 10 minutes
Maple Mustard Glazed Chicken With Potatoes and Leeks
3 cups baby gold potatoes, halved
1 leek, sliced
1 crisp, sweet apple, chopped
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, coarsely chopped
4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
1 3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
1/4 cup unsalted chicken broth
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon coarse ground mustard
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
-- Halve potatoes. Halve (well-rinsed) leek lengthwise, then cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices (white part only; 1 cup).
-- Cut apple into 1-inch-cubes (1 cup).
-- Chop thyme and garlic.
1. Place potatoes in microwave-safe dish and cover; microwave on HIGH 8-10 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork.
2. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place 1 tablespoon oil in pan, then add potatoes (cut side down); cook 1-2 minutes or until golden. Remove potatoes from pan; set aside.
3. Reduce heat on pan to medium; add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to pan. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in pan; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until well browned.
4. Add leeks, apples, and garlic to chicken; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until leeks begin to soften. Reduce heat on pan to low.
5. Combine broth, syrup, mustard, vinegar, and 1 teaspoon thyme, then add to chicken; simmer 2-3 minutes or until mixture thickens and chicken is 165°F. Remove chicken from pan; let stand 5 minutes to rest.
6. Place potatoes in same pan and stir to evenly coat; sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon thyme. Slice chicken and serve.
-- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend, wheat bread, and apple pie.
-- For a great side dish on its own, prepare the potatoes through step two. Browning the potatoes creates a nice golden color and crispiness.