-- Cut carrots into ribbons - 10 minutes
-- Prepare stir-fry through step 1 - 15 minutes
-- While turkey cooks, continue carrots, and complete both recipes; serve - 10 minutes
Mandarin Turkey Stir-Fry
1 (11-oz) can mandarin oranges (about 1 cup, undrained)
3/4 lb turkey (or chicken) cutlets
1 (12-oz) package fresh stir-fry vegetables
1 1/2 teaspoons maggi seasoning
1 teaspoon minced garlic
4 1/2 teaspoons ginger paste, divided
2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
1 (8-oz) can sliced water chestnuts (drained)
1/4 cup ponzu sauce
-- Drain oranges, reserving 2 tablespoons juice.
-- Cut turkey into 1-inch pieces (wash hands).
Combine reserved orange juice and stir-fry vegetables; microwave on HIGH 3 minutes or until vegetables start to become tender.
1. Preheat large sauté pan (or wok) on medium-high 2¬¬-3 minutes. Combine in medium bowl, maggi, garlic, and 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger paste; stir in turkey. Place 1 tablespoon oil in pan then add turkey; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until 165°F. Remove turkey from pan.
2. Increase heat to high; heat pan 1-2 minutes. Place 1 tablespoon oil in pan then stir in 3 teaspoons ginger paste; cook and stir 1 minute. Add vegetables and water chestnuts; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender.
3. Add ponzu sauce; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until hot. Add turkey and oranges; toss gently and serve.
Curried Carrot Ribbons
1 lb fresh carrots
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1. Peel carrots and cut thinly, using vegetable peeler, down length of carrot. Continue cutting ribbons until too thin to peel.
2. Combine carrots and water; cover and microwave on HIGH 3-4 minutes or until tender.
3. Combine remaining ingredients; microwave on HIGH 1-1 1/2 minutes or until boiling. Drain carrots; stir in butter mixture. Serve.
-- Boil-in-the-bag rice is an easy way to round out this meal. Put it on to boil before beginning your stir-fry.
-- Complete your dinner with fresh fruit.