-- Prepare and cook steaks - 15 minutes
-- Cook asparagus - 5 minutes
-- Cook lobsters and serve - 10 minutes
Lobster Surf and Turf with Lemon Butter and Béarnaise
1 tablespoon fresh tarragon (finely chopped)
1 (4-oz) package whipped lemon yogurt
4 tablespoons lemon herb finishing butter, divided
2 lobster tails
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
1 1/2 lb grilling steaks (strip, ribeye, or sirloin)
1/2 lb fresh asparagus spears
6 oz pre-sliced portabella mushrooms
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
-- Remove stems and chop tarragon.
-- Cut lobsters (including shell) in half lengthwise.
-- Remove tough root end from asparagus.
1. Whisk together yogurt, 2 tablespoons herb butter, and tarragon for sauce.
2. Preheat grill on high 2-3 minutes. Season steaks with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place on grill; cook 3-5 minutes on each side or until desired doneness. Remove from grill; cover to keep warm.
3. Combine asparagus, mushrooms, oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Place on grill; cook 2-3 minutes, turning once, or until tender. Remove from grill; cover to keep warm.
4. Melt 2 tablespoons herb butter in microwave on HIGH for 10 seconds. Brush cut side of lobster with the melted herb butter. Place lobster on grill (wash hands); cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until flesh is opaque and firm.
5. Divide asparagus between serving plates. Top with steak and then mushrooms; place 1/2 lobster tail on the side. Drizzle sauce over steak and serve extra butter on the lobster.
-- Complete your meal with a warm, crusty baguette and a chocolate strawberry dessert.
-- After splitting the lobster tails, devein for the best flavor and appearance.
-- To cook this recipe indoors, use a grill pan on your stovetop. Cook time will be about the same.