-- Preheat oven and prepare chicken through step 3: 5 minutes
-- Prepare spring rolls and begin to bake: 25 minutes
-- Place chicken on grill; complete both and serve: 15 minutes
Lime Ginger Chicken
1/2 cup mojo marinade
large resealable food storage bag
1 tablespoon lime juice
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 pounds chicken breast cutlets
1. Shake mojo well to mix; measure and add to storage bag.
2. Place in bag: lime juice, ginger, and brown sugar; shake to mix.
3. Add chicken to marinade, turning to coat evenly. Wash hands. Marinate for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
4. When marinating time is complete, preheat grill for 3-5 minutes.
5. Using tongs, place chicken on grill, reserving marinade. Close lid and grill for 4 minutes, basting chicken halfway through cooking time. For safety reasons, if using gas grill, brush marinade onto steaks using basting brush. (If using regular grill, double cooking time, turning once.)
Oven-Baked Spring Rolls
1 bunch green onions
1/2 cup toasted sesame teriyaki marinade
5 cups broccoli slaw mix
3/4 cup shredded carrots
8 pasta egg roll skins
2 tablespoons egg white
vegetable cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Preheat sauté pan on high for 1-2 minutes.
3. Wash and dice green onions, including up to 1/2 of green section. Discard tops and any wilted portions.
4. Shake marinade; measure and add to sauté pan. Stir in broccoli slaw, onions, and carrots; cover and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Using colander, drain broccoli mixture and set aside.
6. Remove egg roll skins from wrapper. Lay skin down on flat surface diagonally with one corner pointed away.
7. Using pastry brush, brush egg white from top corner down halfway on skins.
8. Add 1/4 cup mixture to center of skin; fold bottom half (without egg wash) over mixture and roll half way. Fold corners over center and continue rolling. Place completed spring rolls on baking sheet. Continue until all spring rolls are completed.
9. Spray tops thoroughly with cooking spray to promote browning. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes.
Use the toasted sesame teriyaki marinade as a dipping sauce for the spring rolls.