-- Prepare potatoes and begin to microwave - 5 minutes
-- Prepare fish through step 2; begin to bake potatoes - 10 minutes
-- Complete fish; prepare spinach during last step and serve - 15 minutes
1 tablespoon flour
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
large zip-top bag
1 1/4 pounds grouper fillets (or tilapia or snapper; thawed, if needed)
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons butter
6 ounces pre-sliced mushrooms (rinsed)
1/4 cup white wine
1 tablespoon capers
1 1/2 teaspoons roasted garlic
1 lemon (for juice, rinsed)
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place flour and seasoned salt in zip-top bag; shake to mix. Cut fish into 4 portions; add to bag (wash hands). Seal bag tightly and shake to coat.
2. Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add fish (wash hands); cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until nearly opaque.
3. Move fish to outer edge of pan, clearing space in the middle. Add butter and mushrooms; cook 1-2 minutes, stirring often, or until mushrooms begin to soften.
4. Stir in remaining ingredients, keeping fish to outer edge; squeeze juice of one-half lemon into pan (about 1 tablespoon). Cook 3-4 more minutes, stirring often, or until mushrooms are soft.
5. Spoon sauce over fish; reduce heat to low and simmer 5-7 minutes or until sauce thickens. Serve.
4 medium-size baking potatoes
1 tablespoon butter
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Scrub potatoes in cold water; pierce on all sides with fork. Place on paper towel and microwave on HIGH 8-10 minutes or until potatoes begin to soften. (Adjust time for larger potatoes.)
2. Rub butter over potatoes; place on baking sheet and sprinkle with salt. Bake 10 minutes or until tender. Serve with butter/sour cream, if desired.
1 tablespoon butter
1 bag fresh spinach (7-10 ounces)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes.
2. Place butter in pan; swirl to coat. Add spinach, salt, and pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, or until spinach wilts. Serve.
The baked potatoes combine the speed of the microwave with a nice finish from oven-baking. When done, turn oven off; potatoes will hold up to 30 minutes.