-- Prepare asparagus through step 1; set aside - 5 minutes
-- Prepare chicken through step 5 - 20 minutes
-- Complete asparagus; complete chicken and serve - 5 minutes
Lemon Chicken Pasta
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
large zip-top bag
1 lb boneless chicken tenders
1/4 cup garlic butter
8 ounces mostaccioli or penne rigate pasta
2 tablespoons capers
2 teaspoons chicken base
1 lemon (for juice, rinsed)
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1. Fill large saucepan 1/2 full of water. Cover and bring to boil on high for pasta. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes.
2. Place flour and seasoned salt in zip-top bag; shake to mix. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces and add to bag (wash hands). Seal bag tightly and shake to coat.
3. Place garlic butter in sauté pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken (wash hands); reduce heat to medium and cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until chicken is no longer pink.
4. Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until tender.
5. Stir capers and chicken base into chicken; cook 2 minutes, stirring often, to blend flavors. Squeeze juice of lemon into chicken; stir in wine and cream. Reduce heat to low; cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until thoroughly heated.
6. Drain pasta and stir into chicken mixture. Serve.
1 lb fresh asparagus spears (rinsed)
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon garlic butter
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1. Cut 1 inch from tough root end of asparagus spears and discard. To do this quickly, group half the spears together, align ends, and slice with sharp knife. Cut into 2-inch pieces. Place in microwave-safe bowl with water.
2. Cover and microwave on HIGH 4-5 minutes, stirring once, or until desired tenderness. Drain asparagus; stir in garlic butter and seasoned salt. Serve.
To get more juice from your lemon, before slicing, roll the lemon against a countertop with the flat of your hand 3 or 4 times.