-- Prepare sausage and begin to cook - 10 minutes
-- Allow sausage to slow cook - 8 to 10 hours
-- 20 minutes before serving, prepare pasta; prepare salad and serve - 20 minutes
Italian Sausage and Peppers Pasta
1 pound Italian sausage links
1 tablespoon roasted garlic
1 (16-ounce) bag frozen pepper stir-fry (contains sliced green/red/yellow peppers and onions)
1/2 cup mild pepper rings (drained)
1 (26-ounce) jar tomato and basil pasta sauce
1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste with basil, garlic and oregano
pepper, to taste
1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated fettuccine
1. Place sausage in slow cooker. Stir in garlic, pepper stir-fry, pepper rings, pasta sauce, tomato paste and pepper. Cover, set heat to low and simmer 8-10 hours.
2. 20 minutes before serving, fill large saucepan 1/2 full of water. Cover and bring to a boil on high heat for pasta.
3. Stir pasta into boiling water. Boil 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender. Drain pasta. Serve sausage and peppers over pasta.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 738kcal; FAT 38g; CHOL 86mg; SODIUM 2484mg; CARB 68g; FIBER 9g; PROTEIN 29g; VIT A 36%; VIT C 108%; CALC 11%; IRON 30%
6 cups European salad blend (3/4 bag)
1/3 cup Caesar salad dressing
1/2 cup seasoned croutons
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Place salad blend in large bowl and toss with salad dressing.
2. Divide mixture between four bowls or salad plates.
3. Top with croutons and sprinkle with cheese. Serve.
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) 174kcal; FAT 14g; CHOL 31mg; SODIUM 337mg; CARB 7g; FIBER <1g; PROTEIN 4g; VIT A 14%; VIT C 10%; CALC 7%; IRON 1%
We reinvented this recipe for the slow cooker. For a delicious meal on the go, place sausage and peppers on Italian bread with shredded mozzarella cheese.