8 oz frozen nondairy whipped topping, thawed
1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer (or seasonal sandwich cookies), coarsely crushed
1 cup praline pecans, coarsely chopped
1 (15-oz) can pumpkin puree
1/2 cup low-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
3/4 cup caramel sauce (or syrup)
- Set whipped topping out to thaw. (To quickly thaw frozen whipped topping, float it in cold water for 10–20 minutes.) Crush cookies and chop pecans. Combine pumpkin and yogurt until smooth; gently stir in 1 1/2 cups whipped topping.
- Place about 1/4 cup pumpkin mixture in each of six parfait glasses. Top with 1 tablespoon caramel sauce, 2 tablespoons cookie crumbles, and 1 tablespoon pecans; then repeat layers. Top each parfait with a dollop of remaining whipped topping and remaining pecans; serve.
4 squares premium dark (or milk) chocolate (1 1/2 oz)
1 large Granny Smith apple
1 stick unsalted butter (4 oz)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon apple pie spice (or cinnamon)
1 (8-oz) can reduced-fat crescent dough
3/4 cup lemon lime soda
- Cut chocolate into 8 even pieces. Peel apple; cut into 8 wedges. Place butter, sugar, vanilla, and apple pie spice in microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 1–1 1/2 minutes or until butter melts. Stir until blended.
- Unroll dough on work surface; separate at perforations. Starting at widest end of each roll, place 1 apple wedge and chocolate square. Roll dough around filling.
- Preheat large nonstick sauté pan on medium-low 1–2 minutes. Place sugar mixture in pan; place dumplings in pan about 1/2-inch apart. Pour soda over dumplings and cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Turn each dumpling over gently; cook 7–8 more minutes, uncovered, or until apples are tender when pierced with a fork. Let stand 5 minutes to cool (sauce will thicken). Serve.