-- Begin chicken recipe and begin to bake - 10 minutes
-- While chicken bakes, prepare rice; prep sugar snaps - 15 minutes
-- Complete rice recipe; cook sugar snaps and serve - 10 minutes
Hoisin Chicken Over Sticky Rice
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup roasted red peppers
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
3 chicken fillets (about 1 1/4 lb)
1 cup sushi rice
6 tablespoons light garlic/herb cheese spread
2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
2 tablespoons agave nectar (or honey)
-- Preheat oven to 425°F.
-- Chop garlic (2 teaspoons).
-- Slice red peppers into thin strips.
1. Combine hoisin sauce, horseradish, and garlic. Place chicken fillets in baking dish, pour garlic mixture over chicken. Let stand 5-6 minutes (or overnight) to marinate.
2. Bake chicken 20-25 minutes or until chicken is 165°F.
3. Cook rice following package instructions.
4. Slice chicken and return to baking dish. Top chicken slices evenly with garlic/herb cheese and roasted peppers; bake 2-3 more minutes or until cheese melts.
5. Whisk rice vinegar and agave nectar until agave dissolves. Remove rice from heat. Stir vinegar mixture into cooked rice; cover and let stand 2-3 minutes to absorb. Serve chicken over rice.
Glazed Sugar Snap Peas
3/4 lb sugar snap peas
1 1/2 teaspoons salt-free garlic/herb seasoning
1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
-- Trim stems and strings from peas, if desired.
1. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Remove pan from heat; coat with cooking spray. Add peas; cook 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned.
2. Season with garlic/herb seasoning and rice wine vinegar; cook 1 more minute or until vinegar evaporates and peas are glazed. Serve.
-- Complete your meal with steamed carrots, green tea, and fresh fruit.
-- The perfect partner for the bright flavors of the chicken is sushi rice, which is slightly sweet, short-grained, and sticky.