-- Preheat grill
-- Prepare steak and shrimp; begin to grill - 10 minutes
-- Prepare potatoes and complete grilling; serve - 10 minutes
Herb-Rubbed Surf and Turf
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, leaves only
2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
2 teaspoons seasoned pepper blend
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
2 (12-oz) boneless beef ribeye steaks
4 shrimp skewers (thawed)
olive oil cooking spray
-- Preheat grill.
-- Process thyme, parsley, pepper blend, and garlic salt in food processor (or food chopper) until coarsley chopped and blended; transfer mixture to plate.
-- Cut steak into 4 portions.
1. Coat steak and shrimp skewers by pressing into herb rub, then turn and coat other side; shake gently to remove excess rub. Discard remaining rub that has been in contact with raw meat; wash hands. Coat steaks and shrimp with cooking spray.
2. Place steak (only) on grill; grill 5 minutes.
3. Turn steaks, place shrimp on grill. Cook 2 minutes; turn shrimp and cook 1-3 minutes or until steak (for medium-rare) and shrimp are 145°F. Serve.
Loaded Mashed Potatoes
1 (24-ounce) package refrigerated mashed potatoes
1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon cooked bacon pieces
1 tablespoon pre-sliced green onions
1. Combine all ingredients in microwave-safe bowl and cover.
2. Microwave on HIGH 2 minutes; stir and heat 2-3 more minutes or until hot. Stir before serving.
-- Complete your meal with fresh salad blend, sourdough bread, and cheesecake for dessert.
-- For more intense flavor, coat just the steaks and let stand overnight in refrigerator. Be sure to divide herb mixture, so shrimp can be coated just before grilling.