-- Preheat oven
-- Prepare shrimp recipe through step 4 - 15 minutes
-- While fries begin to bake, prepare corn and begin to microwave - 10 minutes
-- Turn fries, complete corn and shrimp; serve - 10 minutes
Herb-Crusted Shrimp and Yucca Fries
14 ounces frozen yucca fries
16-18 sprigs fresh cilantro
12-15 fresh basil leaves
12-15 fresh mint leaves
10-12 sprigs fresh parsley
2 cloves fresh garlic
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
large zip-top bag
1 lemon (rinsed)
1 1/2 pounds large peeled/deveined shrimp, thawed if needed
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat two baking sheets with cooking spray. Arrange yucca fries in single layer on one baking sheet.
2. Rinse herbs, pat dry, and chop finely (1/4 cup of each); chop garlic. Place herbs, garlic, oil, salt, and pepper in large zip-top bag. Squeeze juice of lemon (1 1/2 tablespoons) into bag. Knead bag to blend ingredients.
3. Pat shrimp dry; add to herb mixture. Knead with fingertips until shrimp are evenly coated. Arrange in single layer on second baking sheet. Wash hands.
4. Bake yucca fries 10 minutes.
5. Remove fries from oven; turn fries and bake 8-10 more minutes or until golden.
6. Five minutes after turning yucca, place shrimp in oven and bake 3 minutes. Stir shrimp (to turn) and cook 3-4 more minutes or just until shrimp turn pink and opaque. Serve.
1 small red bell pepper (rinsed)
10 ounces frozen whole kernel corn
2 tablespoons pre-diced onions
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
2 ounces salsa Monterey Jack cheese
1 tablespoon herb/garlic butter
1. Cut pepper into bite-size pieces; place in microwave-safe bowl. Stir in corn, onions, and seasoned salt. Grate cheese into corn mixture; stir until blended.
2. Cover and microwave on HIGH 7-8 minutes, stirring once, until thoroughly heated and vegetables are tender.
3. Drain, if needed; stir in butter and serve.
Add some hot pepper sauce to the corn to turn up the heat!