-- Prepare turkey recipe - 10 minutes
-- While turkey cooks, prepare green beans; complete turkey and serve - 25 minutes
Grilled Turkey With Apple Chutney
2 tart green apples (rinsed)
1 (16-oz) apple-flavored juice drink
1 (8-oz) package trinity mix (fresh diced onions, bell peppers, celery)
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon ginger spice paste
1 (24-oz) package applewood-smoked turkey breast tenderloins
1. Cut apple into small bite-size pieces. Place all ingredients (except turkey) in medium saucepan on medium; cook 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until apples are softened and sauce thickens slightly.
2. Meanwhile, preheat grill pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Remove turkey from packaging; pat dry. Place tenderloins in pan (wash hands); cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. (Use a meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness.) Let turkey stand 5 minutes before slicing. Slice turkey, top with chutney, and serve.
Beans With Candied Garlic
24 oz fresh snipped green beans (rinsed)
6-7 fresh garlic cloves
3 slices bacon
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Pierce bag (if microwave-safe) or transfer beans to microwave-safe bowl; cover and microwave on HIGH 3-4 minutes or until beans are hot.
2. While beans cook, slice garlic thinly; set aside. Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Cut bacon into 1/4-inch-pieces. Place bacon in pan (wash hands); cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until bacon is crisp.
3. Stir garlic slices into bacon; cook 1 minute, stirring frequently, or until garlic begins to soften (do not allow garlic to brown). Stir sugar, then vinegar into pan; cook 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, or until sugar dissolves.
4. Stir in green beans and pepper; cover and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until beans are desired tenderness and evenly coated. Serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
The finer you chop garlic, the more its flavor intensifies. For stronger garlic taste, chop the cloves instead of slicing. For milder flavor, simply use whole peeled cloves.