-- Prepare sausage and dessert each through step 2 - 25 minutes
-- Complete sausage and serve - 5 minutes
-- Complete dessert when ready to serve - 5 minutes
Grilled Sausage With Onion Relish
8 oz fresh pre-diced onions (1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
1 lb bratwurst or sausage
1 tablespoon sour cream
4 Bakery hoagie rolls
1. Preheat grill (or grill pan). Combine onions, vinegar, water, brown sugar, and sage; bring to boil on medium-high. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook and stir 15-20 minutes or until most of liquid evaporates.
2. Place sausage on grill and cover; grill 15-20 minutes, turning occasionally, or until browned and 160°F.
3. Stir sour cream into onion mixture. Place sausage in rolls topped with onion relish; serve.
1 quart fresh strawberries
5 kiwi fruit
1/4 cup strawberry syrup
1 (15-oz) Bakery angel food cake
3 (4-oz) cups vanilla pudding
Whipped topping (optional)
-- Remove stems from strawberries and peel kiwi; cut both into bite-size pieces.
1. Combine fruit and syrup; chill until ready to assemble.
2. Place cake on serving plate and split by cutting in half horizontally.
3. When ready to serve: spread pudding over bottom half of cake. Spoon one-half of the fruit, reserving syrup, over pudding; top with other cake half. Spoon remaining fruit, including syrup, over top of cake. Serve with whipped topping. (Makes 8 servings.)
-- Complete your meal with spicy mustard for the sausage, Deli potato salad, and corn on the cob.