-- Preheat grill; prepare chutney through step 2 - 10 minutes
-- Prepare potatoes and begin to microwave - 10 minutes
-- Continue fish recipe; complete both and serve - 10 minutes
Grilled Salmon With Fruit Chutney
3-5 fresh mint leaves (optional), coarsely chopped
5 peaches or nectarines (peeled, if preferred)
4 salmon fillets, skin removed (1 1/2 lb)
1 (6-oz) can pineapple juice
1/4 cup fresh pre-diced red onions
1 (9-oz) jar mango chutney
pinch cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 teaspoon minced garlic, divided
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
-- Preheat grill. Chop mint; set aside.
-- Cut peaches into bite-size chunks; place in large sauté pan.
-- Always check fish carefully and remove any bones.
-- Remove any darker sections (wash hands).
1. Stir pineapple juice, onions, chutney, and cayenne pepper into peaches. Bring to a boil on high, stirring occasionally.
2. Reduce heat to medium-high when boiling; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until liquid reduces by about one-half. Remove from heat.
3. Sprinkle fish with seasoned salt and one half of the garlic; drizzle with half of the olive oil. Spread garlic and olive oil, using finger tips, over fish; repeat on other side of fish (wash hands).
4. Place fish on grill and close lid (or cover loosely with foil); grill 3-4 minutes on each side or until 145°F and fish flakes easily.
5. Stir mint into peach chutney. Serve fish with chutney.
Spinach Mashed Potatoes
1 bag fresh baby spinach leaves (4-6 oz), coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon garlic butter
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 (24-oz) package refrigerated mashed potatoes
1. Chop spinach; place in microwave-safe bowl. Add butter and seasoned salt, then cover; microwave on HIGH 2 minutes.
2. Stir in potatoes and cover; microwave 4 more minutes or until hot. Stir and serve.
-- Complete your meal with a fresh salad blend, dinner rolls, and fruit pie for dessert.
-- Salmon is high in protein, Omega-3 fatty acids, and vitamin D.