-- Preheat grill
-- Prepare dessert through step 2; begin to grill pork - 5 minutes
-- Complete salad and serve - 25 minutes
-- Assemble dessert when ready to serve
Grilled Pork Caesar Salad
1 teriyaki pork tenderloin (about 1 1/4 lbs.)
2 whole romaine hearts (rinsed)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup Caesar salad croutons
1 cup grape tomatoes (rinsed)
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese blend
1/2 cup Caesar salad dressing
1. Preheat grill. Place pork tenderloin on heated grill, using tongs; close lid (or cover loosely with foil) and grill 20-25 minutes, turning often, until internal temperature reaches 160°F (for medium). Use meat thermometer to accurately ensure doneness. (Grills vary widely; adjust time as needed.)
2. While pork grills, trim core ends from romaine hearts and discard; cut in half lengthwise and pat dry. Coat cut sides with cooking spray; season with salt and pepper.
3. Remove pork from grill and let stand 5-10 minutes before slicing. While pork stands, place romaine hearts, cut side down, on grill. Grill 1-2 minutes or just until edges wilt slightly. Place each romaine heart, with grilled side up, on salad plate.
4. Cut pork diagonally into very thin slices and arrange over romaine. Add croutons, tomatoes, and cheese; drizzle with dressing and serve.
16 ounces fresh strawberries (rinsed)
1/3 cup strawberry glaze
1/2 cup soft strawberry cream cheese spread
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (5.6-ounce) container fresh raspberries (rinsed)
1/2 cup aerosol whipped cream
1. Remove and discard stem end of strawberries; cut or slice strawberries and place in medium bowl. Stir glaze gently into berries until evenly coated; set aside for flavors to blend.
2. Beat cream cheese in medium bowl, with electric mixer on low, until smooth. Add sugar, cream, and vanilla; beat on low until blended. Increase to medium and beat until stiff peaks form. (Stiff peaks will stand straight up, without bending over, when beaters are lifted.) Chill mixture until ready to serve.
3. Spoon 1/2 cup cream cheese mixture into each dessert dish. Add 1/2 cup strawberries and then divide raspberries evenly over desserts. Top with whipped cream and serve. (Makes 6 servings.)
For bolder flavor, brush a little Caesar dressing on the romaine hearts, instead of cooking spray, just before grilling.