-- Prepare lamb chops and begin to marinate - 5 minutes
-- Prepare couscous; then continue lamb recipe - 10 minutes
-- Complete both recipes and serve - 20 minutes
Grilled Lamb With Pistachio Sauce
Large zip-top bag
1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon crushed rosemary
1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
8 (1 1/4-inch-thick) lamb loin chops, about 2 lb
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup pistachio nuts
1. Combine in large zip-top bag, pepper, thyme, rosemary, fennel seed, and salt; shake until blended. Add olive oil and lamb chops (wash hands); seal bag tightly and turn to evenly coat. Place in refrigerator and let stand 10 minutes (or up to 2 hours) to marinate.
2. Preheat grill. Combine in medium saucepan, remaining ingredients (except pistachios). Bring to a boil on medium-high. Reduce heat to simmer; cook 10 minutes.
3. Process pistachios in food processor (or spice grinder) until finely ground. Stir into sauce; cook 2 more minutes to blend flavors. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Place lamb chops on grill (discard marinade); grill 3-4 minutes on each side or until lamb is 145°F (for medium-rare). Serve sauce over lamb chops.
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
2 cups Israeli (or pearl) couscous pasta
3 3/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 (7.5-ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
1 (7-ounce) can eggplant appetizer (caponata)
1. Combine oil and couscous in medium saucepan. Cook on medium-high 3-4 minutes, stirring continuously, or until evenly coated and couscous begins to lightly toast.
2. Stir in remaining ingredients; cover and cook 12-14 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until couscous is tender.
3. Transfer couscous to serving bowl; fluff with a fork and serve. (Makes 8 servings.)
-- Complete your meal with carrots, a crusty baguette, and a fruit tart for dessert.
-- The marinade for the lamb chops calls for dried thyme and rosemary. If using fresh herbs, increase to 1 tablespoon of each.