-- Preheat grill; prepare salad through step 1 - 5 minutes
-- Prepare fish; complete salad and serve - 20 minutes
Grilled Fish With Gremolata
zest of 1 lemon
1/2 bunch fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
5 cloves garlic, finely minced
4 fish filets such as snapper, orange roughy, or tilapia (1 1/2 lb)
1 cup Italian-style panko bread crumbs
1 teaspoon chipotle hot pepper sauce
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
-- Preheat grill.
-- Zest/grate lemon peel, no white (1 tablespoon).
-- Chop parsley (1/2 cup) and mince garlic.
-- Always check fish for bones.
1. Combine lemon zest, parsley, garlic, bread crumbs, pepper sauce, and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Mix well, using fingertips, until blended; set aside.
2. Brush both sides of fish evenly with 1 tablespoon olive oil, then sprinkle with pepper and Greek seasoning. Place fish on grill; grill 2-3 minutes on each side until 145°F (or flesh is opaque and separates easily).
3. Transfer fish to a warm plate and top each filet with a generous portion of the herb-crumb mixture. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil; serve.
Spring Salad With Parmesan
1 bag spring mix salad blend (4-6 oz)
1 1/2 cups shaved Parmesan cheese
1 cup pine nuts (or slivered almonds)
2 cups cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
1. Place salad blend, cheese, and pine nuts in salad bowl. Cut tomatoes in half; add to salad.
2. Add dressing; toss and serve.
-- Complete your meal with rice, green beans, baguettes, and fruit pie.
-- Fish may be cooked in a grill pan preheated on medium-high. Lightly coat pan with canola oil. Cook time will be about the same.