-- Preheat oven
-- Prepare salad through step 3 - 10 minutes
-- Prepare fish and complete salad; serve - 25 minutes
Greek-Style Baked Fish
Nonstick aluminum foil
2 tablespoons fresh mint, coarsely chopped
1 tablespoon fresh dill, coarsely chopped
4 firm fish fillets (snapper, mahi, or cod; 1 1/2 lb)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
-- Preheat oven to 450°F. Line baking sheet with foil.
-- Always check fish for bones. Place fish on baking sheet; season with salt and pepper (wash hands).
-- Slice lemon into 8 very thin slices; squeeze remaining portion for juice (1 teaspoon).
-- Chop mint and dill.
1. Combine cheese, mayonnaise, mint, dill, and lemon juice. Spread mixture evenly over fish; top each fillet with 2 overlapping lemon slices. Place in oven on middle rack; bake 10 minutes.
2. Increase oven heat to broil. Broil 7-8 minutes or until top has browned and fish is 145°F (or flesh separates easily). Serve.
Vegetable Couscous Salad
Zest, juice of 2 lemons
2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup green onions, coarsely chopped
1/2 cucumber, coarsely chopped
1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
1 (5.8-oz) box garlic and olive oil couscous mix
2 teaspoons + 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
-- Zest/grate lemon peel (no white; 1 teaspoon); squeeze for juice (3 tablespoons).
-- Chop mint, parsley, and green onions.
-- Chop cucumber and tomato (1 cup each).
1. Prepare couscous following package instructions adding 2 teaspoons oil and 2 tablespoons lemon juice to the water.
2. Combine green onions, parsley, mint, tomatoes, cucumber, lemon zest, and remaining 1 tablespoon each oil and lemon juice; set aside.
3. Uncover couscous and fluff with a fork; let stand 4-5 minutes to cool.
4. Stir vegetable mixture into couscous. Serve.
-- Complete your meal with green beans, a crusty baguette, and fruit tart for dessert.
-- Do not walk away from the fish while broiling; broilers get very hot and it may burn quickly.
-- You can stir some feta cheese into the salad.